Tips on how to improve your photography, for social media, and websites.
Author: Jennifer & Daniel
- Make sure your camera lens is clean. give them a good wipe dirt or grease. You can open your camera and take some photos to test for clarity.
- A tripod or mount for your phone will help steady the camera to avoid a shaky/blurry photo.
- Use the camera on the back of your phone for a better quality photo, rather than using the selfie mode. You can use the timer feature which allows you time to get in the photo.
- Take a photo in good lighting. Natural light from the sun is always best. Avoid using flash as this creates a glare.
- Make photos more interesting by taking them from different angles or heights, to give a new perspective.
- Avoid zooming in if possible as this will decrease the quality of the photo. Instead, try moving closer to the subject or enhance the background to highlight the subject.
- Editing can help improve how a photo looks, for example, increase brightness. However, don’t overdo it, you still want your photos to look authentic.
- Know what you want to take a photo of and focus on the subject. if there are random or irrelevant things in the background, remove these as this can make your photo look messy.
Graphics Hub Ltd is a Southampton-based digital advertising Agency. We create impressive brands and advertising campaigns. Our services include consultation and delivery of Digital and “Real-world advertising and marketing; we work with our clients to generate new and develop existing business.